Sunday, February 28, 2010

february, classes, and camping









It has been a good month, to say the least. Classes started up without much hardship, and I was quickly enveloped in what I was doing. My semester is intense. I have three studio classes, and each take up a significant portion of my time, not to mention attempting to go to four workshops a week. Workshops are essentially extra free classes that you can go to and draw live models on your own time and get extra help in classes. It's a lot of fun, and in just a few weeks, I can already tell that I have improved. It's a great feeling. My oil painting class is also tons of fun, and turns out I'm really good at it--last week we painted horrible bright colors and toys and my teacher was pretty happy that he had finally stumped me, but I got the hang of it by the sixth hour of class--I'll take some better pictures of my paintings, soon. My teacher invited me to go to Italy this summer on a study abroad to paint some landscapes, but I really don't think I have the funds to do such an excursion quite yet. Maybe next summer? Anyway, a bunch of new art is below.

As for my social life here in San Francisco, it's been a busy month. I've been attempting to leave my tiny little apartment as much as possible, though being rather sick (I got bronchitis!) for two weeks put a bit of a hold on some plans. Last week, though, I got to go down to Big Sur and go camping for my friends' Rich and Kevin's 23rd birthday along with our friends Henry James and Tauri. It was tons of fun to be out of the city and just enjoy nature, hikes, the ocean, and huge redwood trees. It was fantastic.

This coming weekend, I'm taking a train up to Eugene, Oregon, to visit my best friend, Anna. I am so excited! I've never been to Oregon, and I've never taken a train by myself--I took one in India, but that was under completely different circumstances. This one will hopefully be more sanitary and I won't have to pee into a hole in the ground onto the tracks below--I hear Amtrak got rid of that service a couple years ago.


6 comments:

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

I see beer on the picnic table.........

Joey the Destroyer said...

beautiful photos sarahjaaaaaane

Sarahjane said...

Hahaha, yep.

Sarahjane said...

Thanks Joey!

Ricky said...

i love the guys fencing.. and you know while i was "creeping" i noticed that there's a sketch of a lady saying i'm dumb?! hahahaha jerk

Sarahjane said...

Hahahahah yes Ricky I am glad you caught that