Saturday, January 24, 2009


So, here I am in my dorm room, just hanging out not doing much--considering going out and hunting for some food. Currently I am on my friend/roommate Jenni's computer...since the wireless internet here hates me for whatever reason. But I figured that my many fans could use an update as to what is going on with my life.

This last month in Utah I've been lucky enough to not have ANY responsibilities, and it had been great. Towards the end of it, though I got a bit stir crazy and wanted to go out and actually do things, like anxiously awaiting my new classes, wanting to travel, and get a job. I hate not having a job--it's really obnoxious. Once I get all my classes and everything in order, I'll be on the hunt for a job on weekends.

While the majority of my friends in Utah had to leave all over the country for school early in the month, I was able to spend a lot of time with my friends who were still in Utah. It was a lot of fun getting back in touch with some old friends, reminding myself every day why Mary is one of my best friends (can you say random trip up to Park City just to get out of the inversion--and grab some coffee? She's awesome), late night trips to Coffee Break or Greenhouse Effect with Aleks just to hang out with friends for hours and play cards or do crosswords, watching hours upon hours of Planet Earth, sleepovers with Rachel and Lindsay, a trip to Ikea with Natalie and Matt, watching my nephews play Rockband, and so many other things. I'm quite certain to say that this last winter break was one of the most fun memories I now have.

But yes, I finally have a roommate! Jenni was one of my closest friends from last semester, and since her roommate and our friend Claire left, she was left without a roommate, and since I didn't have one, either, we decided to move in together. We shall never sleep, due to the fact we both like to laugh at nothing, sing badly, make grotesque faces, watch movies, and play video games (aided by Jenni's brand new XBOX360 and Wii) at all hours of the day, as well as both having horrible sleeping habits. We are pretty much perfect for one another.

My classes start on Tuesday, and I cannot wait! I have a great schedule:
No classes Mondays or Fridays
Tuesday: 8:30-11:20am : Art History through the 15th Century
12:00-2:50pm : Computer Animation Production
Wednesday: 8:30-1:30pm : Figure Drawing
Thursday: 12:00-5:00pm : Perspective for Animation

This semester, my last at AAU for now will be a blast, I really can't wait to make the most of it. Sadly I'll be returning to Utah possibly permanently--I'll be getting my general education requirements done at the University of Utah, then transferring eventually to BYU in order to finish up my animation major. San Francisco and Provo are a little different--but I'll make it work.

1 comment:

Natalie Bernhisel-Robinson said...

That pic of Carter is so funny! I hope you have tons of fun this semester and that you learn lots of cool stuff. You and your roommate should do a panty raid!