Thursday, May 1, 2008

college anxiety

So I'm fairly sure I injured my back again rather badly. Not exactly sure HOW but I have definitely taken to wearing my brace when I sleep and usually when I'm just lounging...which is hard because it is so uncomfortable I can't even stand it.

So in addition to my back injury, my insomnia hasn't gotten any better--which leaves me exhausted in the morning and I really feel like I'm falling apart at the seams, especially since I have all of my graduation and AP stuff to worry about---though that's probably small stuff compared to college.

Speaking of college, I was kind of freaking out about it, earlier. I was nervous when I found out that I'll be moving into the dorms on my birthday. How strange is that? My first day as a legal adult--there I'll be. Off in San Francisco and moving into my new living arrangement. It seems so strange to me. Part of me has been ready for this next step in my life since 10th grade--but part of me still feels so young, like wow--am I actually ready to do this?

I've always been fairly independent (not as much as say, my sister Ashlie who was taking the bus downtown to go shopping when she was 12 by herself), but this seems so foreign. I know I'll have my family there to help me through moving in (which definitely seems the scariest part) as well as a good friend there who can help me to adjust to my new life. I'm incredibly excited for the education--I wonder where it will take me.

So I know it will be completely bittersweet. I'll be on my way to completing my dream of becoming an animator--but leaving home seems strange. I'll get by, though. I know I can.

3 comments:

Aaron Aaron Dur Dur Fiddy Cent Joseph Curtis said...

I am sooooo glad that we are now blogger buddies!

I know I've told you before, but I'm really excited for you - your college plans sound like so much fun! I think it's normal to be nervous, but I think everything will work out great in the end.

Nat & Matt Robinson said...

You will be just fine little sis. So many adventures lay ahead. I'm so excited and proud of you!!

Chandra said...

Well written article.