Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh my goodness!

I haven't posted on here in AGES. I'm a horrible person. Haha!

ANYWAY, a lot has happened in the last month and a half.

Most importantly, I have the most adorable new nephew, Felix Matthew. I was in with Natalie as she was giving birth, and that was such a neat experience. I've seen him a couple times since his birth on February 4th, but I've been sick, so I don't want to risk giving the little guy what I have.

I also got myself a new computer! It was an early graduation present (I did pay for half of it, though) and I just love it. I've definitely been more of a PC fan than anything else, but my sister Ashlie was at the University bookstore and scouted out the last generation black MacBook on sale, for $400 dollars cheaper! I call that a good deal. But now it seems all I do is sit on my computer--It's great, especially because I can borrow the neighbor's wireless internet. I can just feel my skin getting whiter and starting to glow. Just kidding! I also love taking ugly pictures of myself with handlebar mustaches.

Also on February 8th, I had the opportunity to go to the Mika concert with my best friend Anna. I bought her some tickets for her Birthday, and it was so much fun! I hadn't been to a concert since this last June, and that was the Cyndie Lauper, Debbie Harry, and Erasure Human Right's Campaign benefit concert. Which was awesome, mind you, but I was itching for another concert. And not to mention Mika is a rather beautiful man. There were some major delays at the concert, so we didn't have to wait through an opening band, however, none of the band's equipment had shown up, so all the members played their instruments acoustically. Which turned out amazingly. It definitely is on the top three of the best concerts I've been to. Mika's voice is RIDICULOUS, covering a whole 5 octaves, and his songs are just so fun.

But I start golf for my school soon! I'm pretty excited. I mean, I'm sad I'm not doing lacrosse this year, I really miss it, but I love trying new things. So our family friend Sharon Snyder is the coach, and she seems so excited to be the coach for the first ever women's golf team at Highland.

In other news, I've been lucky enough to have Strep throat this past week, along with a cold on top of that! I missed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at school, but I started feeling better on Thursday night, and was able to enjoy a dinner at Koko Kitchen and then dessert at Spoon Me with Anna, Bengt, Silvia, and Lindsay. But I woke up on Friday morning feeling just awful, but knowing I couldn't miss any more school. So I went to my first three classes....then went home after I talked to my last teacher of the day and told him how I was feeling.

Wednesday I also had to suffer through this stupid Sterling Scholar banquet for all the nominees in the Salt Lake City school district. We all had to write little bios about ourselves, and everyone's were short little things like, "Sarahjane Bernhisel, the visual arts Sterling Scholar for Highland High loves art with all of her soul, and wants to someday be an animator..." and lasted for maybe 30 seconds. West's, however, were ALL ridiculously long and took about five minutes each because they wrote pretty much everything of merit they have ever done in their life. My mom turned to me and said, "I think all of those West kids should just be taken up and translated right now."

So being on our Stake's Youth Council, I've had to speak in church the last two Sundays in all of the different wards. Today I spoke in Heather and Jared's ward, and last week I spoke in my home ward. I tried working on not saying "Um" every other word...and I think I succeeded fairly well.

I bought the new Jack Johnson album...and it is
quite wonderful. Natal, if you want to borrow, just let me know and I'll burn you a copy, if you haven't bought it already. It's gotten me so in the mood for springtime and summer, because Jack Johnson to me means summertime and warmth. Too bad it is absolutely frigid here. I bought a new skirt the other day from Anthropologie and I can't even tell you how much I wish I could wear skirts every day--and spend every second outside by the pool. I just am sick of winter!

1 comment:

Nat & Matt Robinson said...

I want to wear skirts too, and little sluty tops! Just kidding! Please, please burn me a copy of Jack's new c.d....I've been dying for it. Thanks sis.